Let’s take a look at one of our favorite gaming computer cases. The NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case is cyborg sexy. Like Darth Vader without all the burnt skin, evil plots and asthmatic breathing. LED lights will never go out of style with gaming, because they just look so darn cool, but let’s find out a little more about what this baby is packin’.
- Mid Tower SECC Steel Case – strong and sturdy. Yum, yum.
- M/B Type: ATX, MicroATX, Baby AT
- External Bay: 3x 5.25″, 2x 3.5″, Internal Bay: 4x 3.5″. That’s a good amount of bays with okay sizes.
- 7 Expansion Slots
- Front I/O Panel: 2x USB 2.0 Ports, 1x eSATA Port, Audio – all you need from a build. Though the ports are 2.0 and not 3.0.
- Nice amount of space
- Plenty of fans for cooling
- Cable management system is good
- Airflow fan is just dandy
- PSU is bottom-mounted
- Easy drive installation
- Can’t fit the Hyper 212 EVO fan.
- Removing the built in fan might crack the plastic covering
- Might not fit the GPU you want it too
- The Instruction Manual isn’t the greatest
- No SSD support
And The Public Says…
Abdul Mayard had this to say about the NZXT gaming computer case: “Awesome look, great space, great number of fans, and the temperature LED on the front is a great added bonus. Perfect for my build.”
So, the overall verdict seems to be that the case is great, with the perfect amount of expansion slots and bays, and a great airflow and cooling system setup. However, our little cyborg isn’t great with adaptations and might not fit the GPU want.
The choice is yours. Get hold of your NZXT and build yourself a sexy, mean rig, or check out some other options. There are plenty of gaming computer cases to choose from – check them out here.